To enhance your own knowledge and learn about our teaching tools:
- Register (free) to gain access to all password-protected content for teachers.
- Review the When Health Begins section of the website to learn more about the link between prenatal and lifelong health.
- Watch the The Biology of Prenatal Development DVD in its entirety upon arrival (and/or watch it online).
- Study the "When health begins: What you need to know" brochure.
- Explore our website to learn even more.
To help your students:
- Show the DVD in the classroom.
- Share EHD videos on your school website or course web page or blog.
- Teach them about how a woman's preconception and prenatal health and nutrition can influence the lifelong health of her baby.
- Present the DVD at school assemblies.
- Purchase and display the "When does health begin?" poster in your classroom or other prominent location.
- Use the Little One Pregnancy Calendar to create a virtual pregnancy which you and your students can follow throughout the school year.
- Direct your students to www.ehd.org for additional information or as part of homework assignments or class projects.
To help others:
- Purchase DVDs as gifts for family members, friends, and colleagues.
- Teach them about the link between prenatal and lifelong health.
- Print and post promotional fliers in your community.
- Make a tax-deductible donation.
- Endorse EHD's website and/or DVD.