Little Snowflake will be coming this Thursday, October 13th. He's not a birthday stealer after all. Instead of taking Grandpa's birthday, he is taking his dad's lucky number. The C-Section is scheduled for 8AM.
Ok Snowflake, we're all waiting for your safe arrival! [Post a comment]
Happy Birthday Frank! (and only Frank). It seems the baby isn't quite ready yet. His birthday will be some time next week for sure. I had an NST today and Frank and I thought he was going to come anyway. I was getting contractions every 4-8 minutes. Small, but they were consistent. After they had me drink more water, the contractions subsided.
Dr. Johnson said he would give me a call this week or early next week to set up a date and time. I think Em was happy we came home. She's been sensing change around the house. When we were packing today she was following us (for food) and seemed to be pacing at times. She's also been really clingy with me lately since I've been home. I don't think our kitty wants a little brother. [Post a comment]
We actually don't even know if tomorrow is the day. I just finished my amnio with Dr. Tabsh at his Northridge office. For some reason they send it to UCI, who will then call UCLA about the results. My delivery is scheduled for noon but they don't even know if it will be ready by then.
Needless to say, I'm really mad. They told me the results would be rushed and should be in by tonight so we'll know when to report to pre-op tomorrow. My appt was at 345, and it didn't get collected until 615, AND it has to go to Irvine tonight. Because of this, we won't know until mid morning at the earliest tomorrow, IF it's going to happen. [Post a comment]
Tomorrow might be it. I have my amnio with Dr. Tabsh in the early evening today. I was told to call UCLA Labor and Delivery in the evening for amnio results, if I don't hear from them by 8pm tonight.
Last week Dr. Tabsh implied that he wasn't sure the baby would be ready by tomorrow.
On Monday, Dr. Johnson said that the baby is starting to fall behind slightly in growth, probably due to my fast-aging placenta from the calcifications. Dr. Johnson said if he's not ready to come by tomorrow, he will not do another amnio and just deliver next week. He is not comfortable going any farther than that. At that point, the risk-benefit ratio of keeping him in there with my placenta starting to malfunction vs waiting for full lung maturity is not worth it. In addition, he also said that when the body starts to sense that something is starting to go wrong, lungs will actually mature itself faster for impending early delivery. Based on that, he feels the baby may actually be mature at this point.
In the mean time, I had 4 small contractions during my NST on Monday, with again one instance of heart rate drop from the baby during one of those contractions. I did not feel those contractions. This morning I had 2, which I did feel and were painful. I called Dr. Johnson who said to start timing it. If I get more than 4 in one hour, I need to head to L & D. I haven't had any since the 9 o'clock hour. If you ask me, tomorrow is it. [Post a comment]
September 28, 2011 – My baby is 33 weeks old. I am 35 weeks pregnant (since LMP).
18 in (46 cm)
Baby weighs about 2,500 grams (about 5Â½ pounds).
What the baby hears during these last weeks of pregnancy, he or she may prefer later (e.g. Mom's voice).